GLL celebrated World Pickleball Day last week by announcing a new partnership with Pickleball England.
This agreement entails the expansion of pickleball facilities, including additional courts, club sessions, and the incorporation of competitions and festivals at Better facilities in the next 12 months.
“Suited To All Ages”
Andrew Clark, Head of Sport at GLL, said enthusiastically, “Pickleball is one of the fastest-growing sports in the world. Its popularity stems from the fact it is easy to master, fun and sociable to play, and suited to all ages and levels of fitness.
“We’re delighted to be working with Pickleball England to bring this fantastic game to more people across the country and expect to see its popularity grow rapidly within the UK as it has done in other countries.”
Karen Mitchell, Chair and co-founding Director of Pickleball England, shared her excitement regarding the partnership with GLL, “We’re thrilled to announce our new partnership with GLL. Pickleball is a fun, accessible sport for any age and ability, and the rapid growth we’ve seen in our sport to date is a testament to that.
“GLL is the perfect partner to further increase pickleball participation across the UK, and we want to encourage as many people as possible to get involved with the sport by coming along to one of the upcoming sessions at their local Better leisure center.”
World Pickleball Day
In honor of World Pickleball Day, Better leisure centers across the UK are offering pickleball taster sessions for those interested in trying out the game.
Participating locations include:
• Bartholomew Sports Centre, Witney Oxfordshire
• Brook Leisure Centre, Belfast
• Carterton Leisure Centre, Oxfordshire
• Didcot Leisure Centre, Oxfordshire
• Gunnersbury Park Sports Hub, Chiswick London
• Henley Leisure Centre, Oxfordshire
• Kendal Leisure Centre, Cumbria
• Lisnasharragh Leisure Centre, Belfast
• Moss Side Leisure Centre, Manchester
• Olympia Leisure Centre, Belfast
• Peter May Sports Centre, Waltham Forest London
• Tadworth Leisure Centre, Epsom
• The Hive Leisure Centre, Ely Cambridgeshire
• The White Horse Leisure Centre, Oxfordshire
• Wantage Leisure Centre, Oxfordshire
Better Health Senior is a specially designed membership for those aged 66 and over.
This membership is offered at a discounted rate of £33 per month, and it includes a number of specialized 60+ sporting activities, plus unlimited access to swimming, fitness classes, and the gym.
Courts are set up specifically for Club members to enjoy friendly games with like-minded members.
For more information, please contact them at [email protected].
Their senior pickleball sessions run on Wednesdays every week and feature a variety of activities. They are 90-minute sessions starting at noon.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?