There are numerous pickleball quotes, puns, sayings, and captions, most of which add to the lighthearted nature of this goofy sport. You can see pickleball memes and slogans plastered on all sort of products, but this list includes many phrases you'll hear on the court.
So, from the comically oversized paddles to the tiny court, here are some funny pickleball sayings, observations, direct quotes, and jokes about the fastest-growing sport in the U.S.
Pickleball Quirks And Oddities
Here are a few things that contribute to the funny side of pickleball:
- The comical sound of the ball bouncing on the court – it’s hard to take the game too seriously when the ball makes a silly, high-pitched sound as it bounces.
- The pickleball paddle itself – the oversized paddles can be a bit comical to watch, especially when players use them to make impressive shots.
- The unique scoring system – the “kitchen” and other unconventional rules can add a touch of whimsy to the game.
- The ability to play with various players – pickleball is a great game for players of all ages and abilities, which can lead to some comical mismatches on the court.
- The opportunity for creative shot-making – with the net being lower than in other racquet sports, players can come up with some clever and amusing shots to surprise their opponents.
Here are a few pickleball puns you’ll find in pickleball:
- “That serve was a real dill-light!”
- “I’m not a pickle expert, but I’m pretty sure that shot was in the brine.”
- “I’m feeling pickled after that game!”
- “I’m not a pro, but I’m still pretty spicy on the pickleball court!”
- “I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little vinegary on the pickleball court.”
- “You better watch out. I’ve got a mean pickleball serve guaranteed to make you sweat!”
- “That guy’s having a mid-court crisis!”
- “I may not be the best player on the court, but I’m definitely a seasoned pro.”
- “I may be a little green when it comes to pickleball, but I’m learning quickly!”
- “I may not be a pickle, but I’m still a top-notch player!”
Pickleball Sayings On The Court
Here’s a random selection of amusing comments by pickleball lovers while on the court or in the bar after the game.
- “I’ll dink to that.”
- “Pickleball, Y’all!”
- “Pickleball is cheaper than therapy.”
- “My favorite game is the next one.”
- “Birds of a feather pickleball together.”
- “Pickleball: the sport that makes an old man very happy.”
- “Pickleball is always the answer.”
- “The trouble with pickleball is it starts out as fun.”
- “Up the creek with a paddle.”
- “My pickleball retirement plan is all about net gains.”
- “If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.”
- “Did you hear about the couple that met through pickleball?” “They’re still courting.”
- “Pickleball can get ‘rally’ tedious sometimes.”
- “I love pickleball… most of the time.”
- “Eat sleep pickleball.”
- “Happy people play pickleball.”
- “Pickleball is just ping-pong for giants.”
- “Did you hear about the religious pickleball ball? “It was holier than thou.”
- “Judges don’t always make good pickleball doubles players – they’re too used to dominating the court.”
- “Why do men like volleying so much in pickleball?” “Because they don’t like using the kitchen.”
Quotes From Pickleball Celebrities
Many celebrities are true pickleball addicts and have given us memorable quotes.
- “You’ve got to be able to hit the ball hard. Nobody plays golf to putt.” – Joel Pritchard (one of pickleball’s inventors)
- “Oarsmen were chosen from the rejected crews of other boats” (the boats they crewed were called “pickle boats.”) – Joan Pritchard (Joel’s wife who came up with the name of the sport)
- “It’s just super fun.” – Bill Gates on playing pickleball. (Bill Gates has actually played pickleball for decades).
- “Despite its silly terms and funny name, pickleball is actually quite a sophisticated game.” – Bill Gates again
- “She kills me – if we play six games, I’ll win maybe two.” – George Clooney on his wife, Amal
- “Every loss I have ever experienced, I go back to one of my favorite athletic quotes, ‘Previous experiences make champions.’” – Professional Pickler Riley Newman on having a pro mentality
- “The main thing in pickleball is to be patient.” – Pro-pickler Catherine Parenteau
- “Every match is completely different based on partners and competitors.” -Dekel Bar
- “I just believe that the game in person is so much faster and more athletic than what you see on TV or your computer.” – Pro-Pickler Simone Jardim
- “Me and my mom just fell in love with [pickleball].” – Pro-Pickler Anna Leigh Waters
Ben Johns is one of the best pickleball players in the world. Here are some of his quotes:
- “Turns out that bending your knees in pickleball is just straight magic.”
- “It’s truly a sport for everybody.”
- “It is what it is. Once you’re into it, you don’t even think about the name anymore.”
- “Don’t miss opportunities to attack.”
Here are a few pickleball captions that could be used on social media:
- “Pickleball: the perfect blend of skill and absurdity.”
- “Hitting it back and forth with a giant pickle paddle – just another day on the pickleball court.”
- “Who knew a silly little ball could bring so much joy?”
- “Pickleball: where friendship, laughter, and ridiculous paddles come together.”
- “Just a couple of pickleball enthusiasts having a dill of a time.”
- “The pickleball court: where a good service can bring a whole new meaning to the phrase ‘in a pickle.’”
- “I never thought I’d get hooked on a sport with a name like pickleball, but here we are.”
- “I never knew a pickle paddle could be so versatile – it’s a weapon, a shield, and a ticket to victory all rolled into one.”
- “Who says you can’t have fun while getting in a good workout? Not us, pickleballers!”
- “Pickleball: the sport that will leave you with a smile on your face and a sweat on your brow.”
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?