Walmart is teaming up with Break the Love, a community-based organization that aims to make sports accessible to everyone.
The partnership aims to bring pickleball to more cities across the United States, and to dismiss the “country club barrier” that has traditionally kept the game out of everyday communities.
Pickleball, a hybrid of tennis, badminton, and ping-pong, has seen a surge in popularity in recent years, particularly among older adults. Walmart has taken notice of the trend and is now offering pickleball court reservations at select locations across the country.
In addition to the court reservations, Walmart and Break the Love plan to provide equipment, training, and support to local community centers, schools, and other organizations to help them set up their pickleball courts and programs.
The initiative will help people of all ages and backgrounds discover the fun and health benefits of pickleball and create more opportunities for social interaction. This partnership is part of Walmart’s broader commitment to promoting health and wellness through sports and physical activity.
The company has been expanding its sports and fitness offerings in recent years, including launching its own line of athletic wear and partnering with professional athletes and sports leagues.
“We are always looking for ways to create meaningful experiences that encourage our customers to interact with Walmart in new ways. Walmart is dedicated to supporting its customers and their communities, helping them find and access everyday opportunities to create moments of joy and connection in their lives.”Casey Schlaybaugh, VP, Brand Marketing and Strategy for Walmart U.S.
- Walmart will offer over 125,000 complimentary reservations for customers, Walmart+ members, and associates to access pickleball courts at select locations.
- The partnership will include 25 community events held in cities across the country, featuring programming, giveaways, and more to promote pickleball in local communities.
- Shoppers can access a seamless and curated shopping experience for top pickleball merchandise directly from Walmart at www.breakthelove.com/x/walmart.
- Short-form video content featuring demos, tips and tricks, and inspirational content will be available to help users learn and enjoy the game of pickleball.
- Walmart+ members will receive exclusive offers, such as first access to peak reservation times, co-branded swag, and meet and greets with professional pickleball players.
With the pickleball craze showing no signs of slowing down, Walmart’s partnership with Break the Love is poised to add value to the lives of its customers.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?